This recipe comes from one of the greatest guys I know and a true BBQ enthusiast, Dave Mackley. His recipe provides a great light choice for your grilling experience that truly does hit all taste buds.
What you’ll need….
- 4 chicken tenders (1 to 2 tenders per plate)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. dried cranberries chopped
- ¼ cup red onion sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced in 8ths
- 2 small cucumbers peeled and sliced lengthwise then sliced thin
- 3-4 cups arugula
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp. walnuts toasted and crushed
- 3-4 tbsp. Hawg Nutz Sweet n Sassy Rub
- 2-4 tbsp. goat cheese crumbles
- Microwave orange juice for 10 seconds in a microwave safe dish; add chopped cranberries and let soak while prepping other ingredients.
- Season chicken tenders with Hawg Nutz Rub; spray nonstick pan and cook tenders until done, turning once.
- Remove chicken; cool and cut into ½ inch pieces
- In a large bowl, mix salt, pepper, oil and vinegar; add vegetables and cranberries to bowl and toss to coat
- Place vegetable mixture on a large plate and sprinkle with chicken, goat cheese and walnuts.
Serves: 4 small plates or 2 large plates